The Gilman Library is pleased to announce that Summer Reading has begun. Please register now to participate. This year the program theme is 2020 Imagine Your Story, sponsored in part, by the New Hampshire State Library. The dates are July 1 – July 31, 2020. We invite readers of all ages to participate in our 2020 Summer Reading Program. This year, we are introducing a virtual reading platform, READsquared, developed specifically for public libraries nationwide. You can register through our website or by downloading the ReadSquared app available for mobile devices.
The 2020 Imagine Your Story program, open for all ages is managed by our Children’s Librarian, Leann LaPlante. The four programs are designed to encourage life-long reading. The Pre-K program is designed for kids age 0 to 4, the Children's program is for kids age 5 to 12, the Teen program is for youth, age 13 to17, and the Adult program is for age 18 and older. Once you've earned enough points you'll receive a completion certificate you can print and share.
1. Access READsquared at http://gilmanlibrary.readsquared.com.
2. Or get the app available for both Apple and Google Play.
3. For every minute of reading, you earn 1 point.
4. Mini-games are awarded throughout the program.
5. For every 100 points, earn a chance toward the raffle prize.
6. For every 300 points, earn a take-home craft.
7. Earn 5 points for answering the weekly riddle.
8. Patrons need to be a library cardholder for the program.
9. There are additional activities within the program, appropriate for each age.
10. The program includes a suggested Reading List for each participant.
There are two ways to earn additional points. You may earn 20 points by submitting an entry on our library blog: Alton Community Blog: Alton Life: History in the Making. Send your entries to email@example.com. See our blog at gilmanlibrary.org (click the drop-down menu and click Alton Community Blog).
You may also earn 20 points for every time you attend our live-streaming Virtual Story Time with Miss Leann. Every time you attend, you will be given a new code to enter at our READsquared website. Each code earns 20 points.
Sign-up by email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be provided log-in information. This is a virtual program. You will need to download Zoom to your device. Join us on your phone, tablet, or computer. Download the Zoom app, follow the link to log in by entering the meeting ID number and password, and enter the Gilman Library Zoom Room. Join the fun! .
The Riddle Question in picture #1 "What am I?" Log into your account at http://gilmanlibrary.readsquared.com/Login.aspx. Then click Enter Code. See picture #2 above.
When the answer box comes up, type the answer in sentence form and click submit code. If you are using your cell phone app the picture looks like picture #3 above.
Sign-up by email to email@example.com
You will then be provided log-in information
THIS A VIRTUAL PROGRAM. DOWNLOAD ZOOM TO ACCESS.
Join us on your phone, tablet, or computer.
* Download the Zoom app
* Follow the link and log in by entering the
meeting ID number and password
* and Enter the Gilman Library Zoom Room.
Every time you attend, you will be given a new code to enter at our READsquared website. Each code earns 20 points.